The resolution blog posts are finally coming to a close, thank heaven! I’ve have about all I can take of the “be all your should be” pep talks.
Just when I was wrestling with how to encourage a new way of thinking about resolutions — one that’s about embracing life instead of beating yourself up — Natalie Ramsland of Sweetpea Bicycles wrote it. So go read that if you’re still concocting a January self-improvement program.
Here’s a quick summary. Natalie says, “The classic formula is to identify an area of perceived weakness, throw some will-power and discipline at it, and see if it makes you a better person.”
Her “Live the Life you Already Love” counter position is delightful and radical.
- Find something that already brings you joy.
- Focus on cultivating that one thing more often.
That’s More Like It.
When I started my fitness adventure early last year, I knew I wanted to feel better and I was hoping that regular exercise would help. I didn’t expect it to be a necessary part of my week. I never fathomed that getting out and moving would clear my brain fog, steer me away from sugary comfort foods, and make me see myself in a completely different, positive way.
And this bike love thing? Never saw that coming.
Since the end of last year, I have to admit that I’ve been far from disciplined. While my weight hasn’t gone up much, it has increased, and especially during those times when I said I was too busy to exercise.
When I have gotten back in my workout groove, I’m soundly reminded that how much better life seems. And fortunately, my strong, (mostly) toned body welcomes me back.
In 2021, I’m giving myself permission to get in regular, fun workouts of any length or any kind. Trapeze class? Maybe. Sunset rides, hikes, ski outings, and runs? Definitely.
How about you?
Other Cyclists Are Also Reading
- Cyclist Safety: 5 Cycling Tips Beginners Must Know To Stay Safe On The Road
- Best Bicycle For Kids? Burley Bee Trailer – Full Review With Price 2021 | Children Bike Recommendation
- Why Purchase A Fitness Exercise Bike When the Health Club Has Them?
👍 New Bicycles Recommended
- 7 Best Padded Shorts – Ergonomically Designed Ideal for Cycling, Skating, Longboarding
- 8 Most Recommended Bicycle Reviews (2021)
- Block ‘training’ For Mountain Bikers
👍 Cycling Gears
- Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Cyclists in 2021 | Trek Bicycles And Cycling Accessories
- Ultimate Support Pro Elite Bike Stand Review
- Best Cycling Hand Protection In 2021: Race Face Garda Gloves Review | Cycling Under COVID-19
👍 Beginner Guide