Quote says, “You create your own universe as you go along.” –Winston Churchill
I’m delaying the New Numbers start date because I wanted to get you past the resolution time of year.
Let’s face it. The holidays are amped up and chock full of fun, food, family, friends, and this nagging feeling that another year has gone by while you’re still the same. We put so much unnecessary pressure on ourselves in general, and then we heap it on at the beginning of a new year.
This planned procrastination bumps you past the free-floating shoulds hanging out there. You should have resolutions. You should be thinner. You should try harder. You should be something other than what you are.
Nonsense. A wise person once told me, “Don’t should on yourself, and don’t musterbate.”
I give you permission to spend this extra slice of time thinking about what you really want. Fitness-wise, what would feel good for you?
- Fitting into a dress or pair of pants you love?
- Walking or running a 5k with your daughter or best friend?
- Taking an inn-to-inn bike trip in Europe?
- Playing pick-up soccer with your kids without worrying if you’re going to pass out? (Been there!)
If you’re tempted to say “lose 20 pounds,” consider this: What appeals to you about losing 20 pounds? Because losing something isn’t the essence of what you’re desiring. What you’re really after are the sculpted legs, the smaller backside, the powerhouse body or the endurance that’s been created while the pounds have slipped off.
The lost pounds are just . . . lost. They’re not a trophy you’d want to have around.
What will you have after the pounds are dropped? Focus on those beautiful qualities instead. Picture you after 12 weeks of consistent, manageable workouts, and jot down a few notes about what you want to see. Describe what comes when you’re doing great things for yourself. And give yourself permission to try something that’s pure fun — no virtue necessary!
Take your time.
Other Cyclists Are Also Reading
- 3 Top Recommendations For Your Next Bike Purchase (With Photos) 2021
- The Bike Or The Body: Making Efficient Weight Loss Choices
- Big And Easy: The Phenomenon That Is The 29″ Single Speed Mountain Bike
👍 New Bicycles Recommended
- 7 Best Padded Shorts – Ergonomically Designed Ideal for Cycling, Skating, Longboarding
- Leadout Training For Mountain Bikers
- 8 Most Recommended Bicycle Reviews (2021)
👍 Cycling Gears
- Axiom Propel-Air DLX Gauge Review
- Building The Bike For Project Transrockies Challenge
- Best Cycling Hand Protection In 2021: Race Face Garda Gloves Review | Cycling Under COVID-19
👍 Beginner Guide