Definition Of Spinal Injuries
A serious road traffic accident can damage the spine and spinal column, which can affect the loss of feeling and control in various parts of the body. Paralysis can be localized to a specific part of the body or can affect general areas of the body, such as the arm and leg on one side (paraplegia) or both legs and some of the lower body (paraplegia).
>>> Read Next >>>
Types Of Paralysis
After an accident, a person with paralysis will often have some form of nerve damage as a result of an injury to the spinal cord.
The vertebrae of the spinal cord are grouped into three sections:
- C1 to C7 are the cervical vertebrae in the neck.
- T1 to T12 are the thoracic vertebrae in the torso and chest.
- L1 to L5 are the lumbar vertebrae in the lower back.
The type of paralysis will depend on where injury to the spine occurred. Injuries higher up the spinal column will cause loss of movement to more parts of the body.
Types Of Compensation And Agreements
Bike accident solicitors with extensive experience of spinal cord injuries can offer the following advice
- Your prospects of a successful claim, together with an explanation of the process.
- Anticipated levels of compensation.
- Paying for private rehabilitation.
- ‘No win, no fee’ agreements and other funding sources.
- Welfare benefits & Local Authority assistance.
- Critical illness insurance claims.
- Powers of Attorney.
- Employment rights.
In the course of investigating and preparing your claim, you should contact experts from a range of professions to offer their opinion on the details of your case, such as the specialists in medical care and assistive technology, professional spinal injury and rehabilitation experts.
Other Cyclists Are Also Reading
- Flat Or Platform Pedals Vs Clip Pedals For Mountain Biking
- Post-Pandemic Spending Spree: Best 3 Trek Mountain Bikes For Sale In 2021!
- Be Environmentally Friendly! Get Purse & Bags Made Of Recycled Bike Tubes (With Examples) 2021
👍 New Bicycles Recommended
- 8 Most Recommended Bicycle Reviews (2021)
- Leadout Training For Mountain Bikers
- Block ‘training’ For Mountain Bikers
👍 Cycling Gears
- Why You Need To Buy A Mongoose Fat Tire Bike?
- Building The Bike For Project Transrockies Challenge
- Louis Garneau Airstream Bib Shorts Review
👍 Beginner Guide